Bookings are required- If you or anyone you have been in contact are displaying any symptoms of Covid-19, please respect our business and do not make a reservation.
We have extended our dining space into the bar area so we are no longer allowing vertical drinking.
A one way flow system has been implemented throughout the building, along with multiple sanitizer stations.
Cleaning & Sanitising
· Surfaces sanitised between seatings
· Common areas deep cleaned daily
· Clean menu provided to every guest
· Sanitiser or wipes provided for customers
· Contactless payment available
· Limited number of seated diners
· Distancing maintained in common areas
· Extra space between tables
· Sick staff prohibited in the workplace
Personal Protective Equipment
· Waiting staff wear masks
· Staff complete a questionnaire prior to every shift in regards to health
· Staff will be Temperature Checked prior to every shift
Due to the fact that we are a Grade II listed building, we have been unable to make the structural changes necessary to accommodate all wheelchair users. If you require further information as to access and facilities please contact us directly.
The Whippet Inn
15 North Street
+44 (01904) 500 660
Please note The Whippet Inn has a smart casual dress code and does not allow any fancy dress or hen/stag party paraphernalia. If you would like further information on this then please do contact us on 01904 500660, as we would hate there to be any problems on the night
Parking & Location
We are located on North Street in York City centre, opposite The Park Inn Hotel.Please see Google Map below for directions.
NCP on Tanner Row (Paid- 3 minute walk from The Whippet Inn)
Castle Car Park (Paid 10 minute Walk)
Skeldergate – River parking Free after 6pm – on Skeldergate turn at Queens Hotel